Continuing our post series on Comfort Zones… Part 3.
In terms of our subtle anatomy, anxiety is associated with our Base chakra, along with fear, and in Chinese energy medicine worry is associated with our Spleen meridian. Both the Base chakra and Spleen meridian is associated with the Earth element, and so when we experience anxiety it depletes our Earth element, and ungrounds us… it literally knocks the ground out from underneath our feet.
But what then is the difference between anxiety and fear?
Well, put simply, the way I would describe it is that fear hits us physically, while anxiety hits us mentally.
When we experience fear it is our physical body that goes into overload, but with anxiety it is our mind that goes into mental overload. If you have ever had to spend time with some who is anxious, you will know that their mind is constantly thinking, but that thinking never gets them anywhere.
When we experience fear, our body just wants to run, but with anxiety, our mind goes into overdrive, trying to think our way out of a bad situation, even though when anxious we are in no position to think rationally about anything. Anxiety undermines our ability to think straight and realistically. But unfortunately, when you are anxious, you can’t switch the mind off and all you seem to be able to do is think… non-stop… which can be exhausting.
The more you think, the more you get mentally exhausted… and so the more this makes you anxious… and to the more you are pushed into thinking your way to freedom… which deepens your mental exhaustion… and so deepens the anxiety… vicious, vicious cycle.
And, of course, the bad news is that if someone can figure out what presses our anxiety buttons then they can use that to influence and control us.
If they can make us anxious then a) not only will we automatically do anything to reduce the anxiety, but also b) we won’t be thinking straight or rationally, and so we may go along with any plan the other person proposes, and c) our constant worrying makes us even more ungrounded.
Unfortunately, it’s a vicious circle of anxiety… and loss of mental control.
If you examine how cult leaders control their members, one of the ways is to keep them in a constant state of anxiety. Then they are less likely to question the orders they are given… they are much less likely to engage in rational thought at all. If the leader can also provide their group with an external enemy to worry about and focus on… then so much the better.
Unfortunately, our normal set of politicians aren’t much better either… and prefer to keep the populace in a state of low level anxiety.
But now, the good news… what we can do practically to prevent this from happening to us.
Well, there are two things that I can practically suggest
The first is an understanding of The Psychology of Flow, and the second is an understanding of your Astrological Moon sign.
Next post coming soon.
In the meantime, below is the Audio Essence for Worry & Anxiety to anyone to get out of the repeating mental anxiety loop… listen to it as many times as you need (… and remember, it’s free).
Practical Suggestions on Use:
- The more conscious attention that you can give to an Audio Essence, the deeper and more fulfilling your experience will be. It is possible to receive the benefits of an Audio Essencewhile listening to it in the background, but the more time and conscious focus you can devote to it, the more fulfillment you will gain from the experience.
- It is strongly advised that you do not listen to an Audio Essence while driving or performing tasks which require your undivided attention.
- Many people have found that listening to an Audio Essence using headphones greatly enhances their experience… although if you do not have headphones or earplugs, listening to it played on your computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone will still prove equally as effective.
- The effectiveness of an Audio Essence is not dependent on the particular volume it is played at, in fact, it can be set at the minimum volume level where it is still audible to the listener and it will still be effective. When using an Audio Essence, therefore, select the volume level which is most comfortable for your experience at that time.
- If your internet connection is slow, it may be better to allow the Audio Essence to fully download on to your webpage first before you start to listen. To attempt to listen while it is still downloading may mean the Audio Essence pauses, and this may interrupt and disturb your experience.
Important: An Audio Essence / Audio Satsang is not intended to directly resolve physical and / or mental complaints and illnesses. In all such cases, individuals are strongly advised to consult with a qualified medical practitioner about their physical condition. If an individual is suffering from severe emotional and / or mental conditions, it is strongly advised that they consult a qualified medical practitioner or other qualified mental health specialist. Individuals should only use the information and energy processes contained on this website, and any associated online platform, in conjunction with the laws and regulations of their country of residence.
(c) Brian Parsons October 2016