Shiva Lingum stone comes from only one place, the Narmada River in Western India, which is a holy site. They are usually two distinct shades of red / brown in colour, although individual stones can vary considerably… and it is now possible to get Black Shiva Lingums (which I will post about soon). Its structure is amorphous, and it has a hardness of 7 on the Moh scale.
Now, the tradition was that on a special day of the year, the Shiva Lingum stones would be retrieved from the sacred river by a Hindu priest, as part of a religious ceremony, after which the stone would be polished.
But where there is money involved in our modern age, traditions tend to get distorted, so now Shiva Lingums are fished out of the river to be sold, with or without a priest, the remaining 364 days of the year.
So it is highly likely any Shiva Lingum which you come into contact with was ‘not’ taken out of the river during this special ceremony…
But that is fine… because the magic resides in the stone, and does not come from the ceremony (or the Hindu priest).
And the magic of Shiva Lingum is … nurturing.
Now, nurturing is part of grounding, a critical part of the process of being here and now.
The great crystal healer Jane Ann Dow reported that the people who chose Shiva Lingum during their sessions were the ones who were in desperate need of nurturing, physically and emotionally, and who had unfortunately never received it during their childhoods. It was as if they were missing some important energetic part of their DNA.
And when you haven’t been sufficiently nurtured… then it can effectively undermine 99% of your life… because you literally didn’t get off to a good start in life… and you’re never sure on how to be here, physically, emotionally and mentally.
The great psychiatrist John Bowlby, who formulated Attachment Theory, and the psychologists who have come after him, discovered that human beings are programmed to need emotional connection with another person. This is why small babies, left untouched in orphanages, suffer terrible mental and emotional damage, are physically weak, and may not even survive beyond 3 years old.
Emotional connection, or nurturing, is part of the human survival plan. Babies need to bond with their parents / carers, because human babies are totally dependent on their parents / carers to survive… for food, warmth, shelter, and protection.
But as Bowlby found, this need for emotional connection goes on throughout all of our adult life, and is a fundamental need in all our important relationships.
Now, basically nurturing is Red Love, a love which helps us to ground into our bodies, ground into the earth plane, and it is something a small baby desperately needs at the time of birth.
Imagine a small boat at sea, being thrown around by the high waves. One of the ways it can find stability is if a much larger boat was to come alongside, and throw it a rope, so the small boat could use the much larger weight / mass of the larger boat to anchor and stabilize.
Energetically, the same thing happens between a baby and its parents / carers. A small baby arrives on the earth plane, and is all at sea energetically, until one of its parents / carers throws it an energy line, known as nurturing, and helps to anchor it. And the more lines of nurturing the baby receives, the more chance it has of grounding in (although one strong line is enough… and psychologists have discovered it doesn’t need to be the birth mother, but its does need to be an adult who cares).
If this process is interrupted, or missing for some reason, then the growing child is never completely grounded, lacks emotional stability, and tends to be either anxious around emotional relationships, or avoidant.
In a strange way, each human being helps to ground the people around them… literally, we are all in this together.
Working with the vibration of Brown Shiva Lingum can help to repair the damaged nurturing process, and so greatly reduce emotional anxiety and tension. Shiva Lingum can help a person discover that it is safe to be here, now, in a physical body, and so improve their emotional connection to those around them.
The Audio Essence for Brown Shiva Lingum below is composed of an initial 3 minute voice introduction, followed by a 10 minute music track, and then a 3 minute voice call back section to help you ground and integrate your experience. The Audio Essence itself is embedded into the middle 10 minute music section. Practical suggestions on use can be found at the bottom of this page.
Information on Audio Essences can be found via this link.
And if you have a positive experience through listening to this Audio Essence, if it has taken you into a deeper and more expansive experience of your own inner joy… then remember, you can come back to this webpage anytime in the future, anytime you want / need to repeat this same process. It’s that simple. This webpage provides you with a simple route into that natural feeling of joy within.
Practical Suggestions on Use:
- The more conscious attention that you can give to an Audio Essence, the deeper and more fulfilling your experience will be. It is possible to receive the benefits of an Audio Essencewhile listening to it in the background, but the more time and conscious focus you can devote to it, the more fulfillment you will gain from the experience.
- It is strongly advised that you do not listen to an Audio Essence while driving or performing tasks which require your undivided attention.
- Many people have found that listening to an Audio Essence using headphones greatly enhances their experience… although if you do not have headphones or earplugs, listening to it played on your computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone will still prove equally as effective.
- The effectiveness of an Audio Essence is not dependent on the particular volume it is played at, in fact, it can be set at the minimum volume level where it is still audible to the listener and it will still be effective. When using an Audio Essence, therefore, select the volume level which is most comfortable for your experience at that time.
- If your internet connection is slow, it may be better to allow the Audio Essence to fully download on to your webpage first before you start to listen. To attempt to listen while it is still downloading may mean the Audio Essence pauses, and this may interrupt and disturb your experience.
Note 1: If you have enjoyed your experience of this Audio Essence, and know of someone who may also benefit, please share this webpage with them, so they may also share in your positive experience.
(c) Brian Parsons, September 2016.